Welcome to MSK CATS Derby
We operate a Triage service for the GP’s across Derby City who refer their patients with musculoskeletal problems into our service for assessment.
We will review your Doctor's referral, and a decision will be made to invite you into our service for further investigation and/or treatment, or to refer you through to one of the Hospital Teams.
Most conditions that involve muscles and joints can be successfully treated by a specialist physiotherapist assisted by a GP with a special interest in musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions.
Each patient who is accepted into our service is seen by a Senior Physiotherapist supported by a Specialist Doctor for an initial 30 minute appointment.
We can use our expertise to diagnose, order appropriate investigations, treat, advise or, where needed, refer on to a consultant for their opinion.
We aim to:
- Cut the time you have to wait before you start treatment.
- Provide a one stop shop for most patients.
- Treat you in the community.
- Reduce waiting times to see an orthopaedic surgeon if you do need to see one.
Please note: we do not supply sickness certificates, you will need to contact your GP for this.
Where are we?
We operate from 2 sites in Derby. Please check your letter/text confirmation to confirm which site your appointment is at.
- MSK CATS, Pear Tree Street, Derby DE23 8PL
- MSK CATS at Coleman Street Health Centre, Allenton DE24 8NH (Lister House Surgery Reception desk)
Please check your appointment letter / text message confirmation to see which site your appointment has been booked in at.